I had the initial concept idea for the stripes and that was about all. I knew also what bedding we were going with. Brett did the rest. He coordinated the colors perfectly, did all the math involved and then all the labor. People love it and we keep hearing now calming of a room it is. My sweet Aunt is making a valance for the window. I also want to get a rug, some various decor items and soon his name will appear above his bed in painted wood letters.
This is big brother Josh's crib. So fun to have it back up again and waiting to be used....
And here is the same room 7 years ago. This was SUCH a fun room to do as well. I love the baseball bears theme and the great bi plane with Josh's full name written on the banner.

And last but not least is what Matthew's nursery looked like. Josh was under 2 when his baby brother was born. He also was REALLY into all things firetruck so that's where the theme idea originated. Brett made me leave the room while he attempted his first ever mural. I had no clue my husband was so artsy :)
The boys share this room now so there are bunk beds where the crib once was. They also are past the firetruck phase. Their vision now? A Star Wars room. My first reaction was no. I mean how long could this love of Star Wars really last? Then I lovingly remembered their Daddy who would probably be super stoked if I suggested a Star Wars theme in our bedroom :)

3 comments:
I laughed out loud at the idea of Star Wars in your master bedroom. Now THAT'S the most romantic idea I've ever heard of. ;) Looks like Brett is pretty darn capable when it comes to room design and decor, so watch out! You might just get two Star Wars rooms!! The nursery is sooo cute. I love the stripes - like Taylor Mathia's room. Very cute. How could you bear to cover up all the adorableness from Josh's nursery though? That would've killed me!
Excited for you guys...
Monique, glad you're so supportive of the Star Wars room :) I'll tell Brett. Actually, I won't. Don't want to give him any ideas..
We actually covered up all the adorableness of Josh's nursery a long time ago when we had our home on the market. It wasn't exactly "neutral." I did mourn a bit for sure watching it disappear before my eyes.
It is so gratifying to see it come to life again with a new look for a new baby. I had no idea that would be happening when we painted over it.
Thanks for your sweet words!!
WOW ... all THREE versions of the room are incredible! Gorgeous! Can't wait to hear when your sweet one arrives!
Post a Comment