Last night my sweet friend Jillian asked me out on a date :) Hehe!
She's had a rough week including being stuck at home with a sick little Savannah.
We went to go see the Ben Stein movie, Expelled. http://www.expelledthemovie.com
My brain was sort of short circuiting in parts but I truly enjoyed the movie.
The whole evolution train is seriously derailing scientifically, yet it's still taught and reported as absolute fact. This movie is a huge eye opener. I am not sure what I walked away feeling...
A lot of things but mostly saddened and alarmed. People are just so lost. Some of the "academics" and "brilliant" minded people interviewed in the film struck me as so arrogant and so in love with their own intellect. But clearly there was an underlying disdain for God.
But one man in particular in the film started out in his life a Christian. He, over time, concluded through science that there was no God. He since has developed a brain tumor and sadly will most likely lose his life soon.
I pray that he will return to or come to a saving knowledge of Jesus. I just can't imagine living through times where hope is so needed and having none.
Anyway, although this film is not pro-Christian per say, it is very informative and certainly well worth seeing. I would love to see it a second time and probably will with Brett.
And Miss Jillian, I will gladly go out with you again anytime!! :) :) :)
She's had a rough week including being stuck at home with a sick little Savannah.
We went to go see the Ben Stein movie, Expelled. http://www.expelledthemovie.com
My brain was sort of short circuiting in parts but I truly enjoyed the movie.
The whole evolution train is seriously derailing scientifically, yet it's still taught and reported as absolute fact. This movie is a huge eye opener. I am not sure what I walked away feeling...
A lot of things but mostly saddened and alarmed. People are just so lost. Some of the "academics" and "brilliant" minded people interviewed in the film struck me as so arrogant and so in love with their own intellect. But clearly there was an underlying disdain for God.
But one man in particular in the film started out in his life a Christian. He, over time, concluded through science that there was no God. He since has developed a brain tumor and sadly will most likely lose his life soon.
I pray that he will return to or come to a saving knowledge of Jesus. I just can't imagine living through times where hope is so needed and having none.
Anyway, although this film is not pro-Christian per say, it is very informative and certainly well worth seeing. I would love to see it a second time and probably will with Brett.
And Miss Jillian, I will gladly go out with you again anytime!! :) :) :)

2 comments:
I am so glad you guys got to go out and have some girl time. Especially after she rammed your van! Geez Jillian! ;) Anyway, you two are a hoot and I am sure you had a blast. Love ya lady and hope to see you soon!
Larua A., bet your glad I didn't end up with your van. I had a fun time at the movie also, gets you thinking. Thanks for hanging out we will have to do it again soon. The ice cream pie dessert sounds GREAT!
Post a Comment