Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Monster Cookies

Per request from a couple of my sweet friends, I am going to kick up the recipe posting a notch. Alice, this new posting trend will be dedicated to you specifically :)
I think I'll try to do a recipe of the day. I used to do that over on the MOPS forum and got lots of appreciative feedback. I hope this blesses the Athey crowd just as much!
And when you make a recipe, please leave feedback/suggestions in the comments.
Thankfully most of my recipes these days are available online or in a word doc so they are easily accessible...

Right now I would have to say these Monster Cookies are currently numero uno in my book.
They get rave reviews every time!
I also like that you can make them healthy if you choose to. You could sub out the "bad stuff" for natural peanut butter, smart balance, splenda, etc. and feel better about eating them. Or eat them as is and experience cookie bliss!

Monster Cookies
Recipe source: Food Network/Paul Deen
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_32570,00.html

3 eggs
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 12-ounce jar creamy peanut butter
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup multi-colored chocolate candies (M&M's)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (toffee chips or butterscotch also yummy)
1/4 cup raisins, optional (or 1/4 cup chopped pecans)
2 teaspoons baking soda
4 1/2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal (not instant)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats.

In a very large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and sugars. Mix well. Add the salt, vanilla, peanut butter, and butter. Mix well. Stir in the chocolate candies, chocolate chips, raisins, if using, baking soda, and oatmeal. Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not overbake. Let stand for about 3 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool. When cool, store in large resealable plastic bags.

3 comments:

Alicen said...

I'm glad to see that my jedi-mind trick was effective... in getting you to give up one of your AMAZING recipes!! (Can you tell i grew up with brothers?)

I can't wait to try this recipe. Thanks Laura! You rock sista!

AshlandFive said...

So, can I request these for the retreat???? :) Love em!

Anonymous said...

i love cookies...and easy recipes