Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Sickies, sickies go away!

Welcome to Sickville....I'll be your friendly tour guide for the next few minutes. Ok, I'm actually losing my ability to be super friendly right about now. It seems like we have been in a never ending cycle of sickness in our house lately. A couple of weeks ago Josh and Matthew simultaneously came down with the typical annoying cold. Both of them were feeling pretty yucky. On day 2 of the cold the two of them got pink eye. My sweet little Matthew's body does not enjoy colds, allergies or any annoyance to his respiratory system whatsoever. He gets pretty bad asthma with respiratory irritants so the poor guy just has absolutely no fun. When both boys were at least seemingly recovering from their colds, my husband called me from work to tell me he felt terrible. Like so bad he felt like he was going to pass out at school. That was Wednesday and he's definitely had a bad six days now. Lots of chest congestion, terrible cough, sinus pressure and a perpetual headache. Fun times! The saga continues.... Last night we were having dinner and I reached over to lovingly touch Matthew's little head. He was super hot to the touch. I felt his chest and he was definitely feverish. I took his temp and it was 102.6 under his arm. NO!!!!! The weird thing is he doesn't seem to be showing any new symptoms. He's just really tired, really cranky and really hot. I don't know if his little cold migrated causing an ear infection or what the deal is. We're on the way to the doctor today to find out.
We are going to the beach this weekend with some friends Friday through Monday so if all of my faithful readers could please be praying for Brett and Matthew to fully recover, for me to continue to escape this run of sickness and for Josh to stay better. These seasons are certainly trying on the patience. The hardest part of course is missing church which I could seriously use right about now.
This concludes your tour of Sickville. Thanks for listening to all the amenities this lovely community has to offer. I hope your tour guide wasn't too grumpy :)

No comments: