Thursday, May 1, 2008

Too Much Chocolate Cake

Tonight we're having John and Jillian over for a little belated birthday dinner. I have a little pressure on me because I promised that I can out-do Olive Garden (a favorite of Jillian's) in the Italian food department. We shall see!!
Anyway, I have several recipes that I am making tonight but why not start with what counts... dessert! This is a sublimely easy and fantastic chocolate cake. I am going to bake it bundt style and then make a homemade caramel sauce to drizzle on top of it and the ice cream of course :)

Too Much Chocolate Cake

1 (18.25 ounce) package
devil's food cake mix
1 (5.9 ounce) package instant
chocolate pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1/2 cup warm water
2 cups semisweet chocolate
chips


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour batter into a well greased 12 cup bundt pan.

Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cake thoroughly in pan at least an hour and a half before inverting onto a plate If desired, dust the cake with powdered sugar.

4 comments:

AshlandFive said...

Did you do it??? Did you serve her unlimited salad, pasta and breadsticks? I am sure you did a ma-ha-velous job dahlink. ;)

Laura said...

Stay tuned to find out the results...
They aren't here yet :)

Jillian Weiss said...

and the results are in............drumroll please.............EXCELLENTA:) It was scrumptious. The entire meal, better than the OG. As promised:) You can come over and I'll cook for you this time! Do you guys like Kraft Macaroni and Cheese? Okay, even I can do a little better than that. How about a little Rice a Roni:)

Laura said...

Glad to hear I pulled it off :)
I think I could overhear all of our arteries clogging but I'm glad you liked it. I know Savannah did too! She was so cute that night.

And as a matter of fact I love Rice a Roni!! Don't tell :)