Thursday, May 21, 2009

Is another BIG boy on the way?

I had my 31 week dr's appointment today. So Dr. Girolomi measures me and then re-measures me and says "wow, bit of a growth spurt?" Uh, oh! I measured at 35 weeks today!!! Every single week up until now I have measured exactly how many weeks I am. Anyway, he said not to worry. It could be excess fluid, it could be how the baby is positioned.... Or it could be that he's a big boy. So at my next appointment we'll do an ultrasound to check things out.
Josh was 10lbs. 5ozs, Matthew was 8lbs. 6ozs. I am really praying for this "little" guy to be closer to Matthew's size than Josh's!

5 comments:

BETHANY said...

Deep breath, you'll be fine no matter how big this one is. As I always say, "A head coming out of your crotch is a head coming out of your crotch. It doesn't really matter how much it weighs".

Feel free to quote me on that. :)

Laura said...

Love the quote!!
Yeah, I feel pretty much the same way. Although Josh was big, I did deliver him so obviously it wasn't a huge issue.
My only problem is the medical reaction you start getting. All of the sudden an ultrasound is necessary. If it shows he's big, an "elective c-section" has already been mentioned. Um, no thanks. Not going to put myself through massive unnecessary surgery. The other option is early induction. I've done that twice in the past and twice it failed and I was sent home. You can't easily force out babies that aren't ready.
Anyway, I'm not worried about it. I just don't dig the sense that there's now something wrong, kwim?

Jillian Weiss said...

That quote made me laugh this morning:)

Abby said...

Laura-
Avery was 9 pounds 9 ounces and was out in less than 5 minutes of pushing. I firmly believe (not for everyone) but for most that there is nothing wrong with having a big baby and having it vaginally- especially since you have done it before. (My mom had 7 babies and one was 11 pounds 4 ounces and most were over 10 pounds.) My two who were over 9 pounds seemed way easier with feeding than my smaller one anyway!! I will pray for you and I know its not comfortable- also they could be wrong- they predicted Avery would be a small baby based on my measurements! Hang in there!!

Kelly H-Y said...

Oh Laura! Measuring at 35 weeks ... what a riot! You've got a healthy one on your hands ... definitely a great thing! Glad to hear all is well!