Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The name game

Brett and I have gone back and forth on naming our third little guy. I think boys are so much harder to name in the first place and by the time you're on your third... HARD!
Anyway, we're pretty set on either Jacob or Luke for first names. We're open for middle names but Jacob Ryan and Luke Caleb we both like. So, if you're so inclined, feel free to vote for your favorite. If you have some other middle name suggestions to add, please chime in.
FYI, his older brothers' names are Joshua Michael and Matthew Bryan.

5 comments:

The Boehme (pronounced Bay-me) family said...

Okay, so I think overall Jacob Ryan is the cuter name...it flows really well too...but thinking that Matt will feel left out of the J-name circle...so I voted for Luke.

Laura said...

Monique, I think Jacob Ryan flows well too! Can anyone suggest middle names they think flow better with Luke?
The same first letter on Jacob and Josh but not Matthew wouldn't bug me. If we had a clear pattern of say 4 J names and then a random 5th name, then it would.
Thanks for your input!!!

Abby said...

I like both names but Jacob is used way more so I voted for Luke. I agree with the name thing. Naming our 3rd girl was sooo hard!! We'd already used our 2 favorite girl names! We didn't name Avery until she was born because we couldn't decide- we didn't know she was a girl though. We had some cool boy names picked out though!

BETHANY said...

Well, I'll love your little man no matter what you name him. But since you asked ...

I voted for Jacob Ryan. I like the name Luke, but I don't like that the first name ends with the same sound the middle name starts with ... and the middle name ends with the same sound the last name starts with.

Lukalebodine. See what I mean? :)

Laura said...

It looks like the biggest issue with Luke for most people (I have a poll going in several places) is the middle name. What if we did Luke Ryan (or something else)? It breaks up the double "c/k" sound.
And Bethany, we were sort of thinking the same thing you mentioned with Jacob Bodine. Most people aren't going to know his middle name and will end up smooshing his name together like Jacobodine.
But thanks for vowing to love him no matter his name :)