Sunday, June 14, 2009

Kindergarten Graduation


(Click on collage to see bigger image)

Joshua Michael graduated from kindergarten at Archer Glen Elementary this past Wednesday. Expectantly, I did indeed shed an embarrassing amount of tears. Fortunately so did Mrs. Patterson (his teacher) who was thankful she wasn't the only one :)
I am SO proud of what Josh accomplished his first year of school! Besides the foundation of reading, writing and arithmetic, watching Josh's confidence grow along with his sweet and caring heart has been his greatest accomplishment.
I went into the school year with so many doubts about the decision to send him to public school. We researched and prayed over all of our schooling options before Brett and I felt led to try AG Elementary. We knew we could always change our minds and course if necessary. It was SO incredibly awesome to watch the Lord's perfect covering unfold. Most importantly He blessed Josh with a Christian kindergarten teacher. Mrs. Patterson was a gift to him and to us in many ways. It was a great reminder that the Lord really does go before us in all things and works out ALL of the details.
Brett and I both loved helping out in the classroom and attending every field trip and special event this year. You know things are going well when your child has a big smile when you walk him to his classroom and pick him up each day. Josh made great friendships along the way and was always the first to take new students under his wing :) It is truly bittersweet as a mom to watch your kiddos grow up faster than you could have ever thought possible. All the cliches about time going so quickly are very true. So with a tear or two I'm saying goodbye to my sweet little kindergartner, but excitedly looking ahead at my new first grader.

Thank you Lord for blessing us with Joshua. Father, he is indeed such a gift with a beautiful, sweet and tender heart for You and for others. For this next coming school year I pray above all that he would grow in his knowledge of You. I pray he would continue to bless others with the gifts that you have uniquely given him. I pray that he would be bold in his faith no matter his surroundings. Lord, use him for your perfect purpose and plan for his life and no matter what that plan looks like, may it bring You all the glory. In Jesus' name... Amen.

Just for fun, click here to take a look back at Josh's graduation from preschool. Fun to compare and see how much he's grown!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jillian Weiss said...

SO sweet!!! You are such a good mama!!! And such cool kids you have:) Congratulations to Josh.

Kelly H-Y said...

Oh, how exciting!!! Congrats to your big FIRST GRADER!!!! :-)