I called my wonderful husband and he asked how it was. He wanted to hear all about it. And I had so little to say. He knew that was a very good thing. I am rarely at a loss for words.
So I came home and tried my best to be mommy and literally could not do it well. I had so much to pray through and to process. So my amazing husband (and yes he is literally amazing, wise, kind, incredible and the greatest man I have ever and will ever know) allowed me to lock myself in our room and do what I needed to do. I took a bath. Then I pretty much just sat there. Then I laid there. I tried to read the bible. I tried to read my notes. I prayed one of the shortest prayers in my life and I fell asleep by 8:30pm. It was pretty perfect. My eyes popped open at 5:30am on Sunday and I woke Brett up. I was ready to teach him a condensed version of what I learned the day before. And so I did. And I had a lot of tears streaming down my face through most of it. He knew that was a very good thing too.
The Lord's message to me at church was perfectly congruent with what I learned on Saturday. And I got what I most needed next, communion. It was one of the best weekends of my life.
I have been praying about what to write as the Lord has clearly re-directed the focus of this blog back to Him. I had no clue where to start. Well I have much more clarity and almost too much to say and write now. I am just going to go day by day with what the Lord is speaking to me.
Before I went to bed last night I was praying about what the Lord would have to say to me last night. He directed me to 2 Timothy. I read most of it but my eyes and heart locked on verse 24.
2 Timothy 2:24 - And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful....
I knew this was huge because our verse on Saturday was:
Proverbs 31:26 - She opens her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
I will tell you right now that there is good reason the Lord spent 7 hours explaining to me what kindness looks like, what it's defined as, what it is not defined as (nice), how it gets replaced by unkindness... irritability.. fussiness... WHO was the literal embodiment of kindness and how to strive to be a woman whose words are seasoned with wisdom and the law (the Torah) of kindness.
I am going to blog what the Lord puts on my heart each day. Really for myself. The more I speak what I've learned, write and type what I've learned and teach what I learn, the more it will become who I am.
Father, I pray with all of my heart that I would become a woman who opens her mouth with wisdom and on my tongue would be the law of kindness. In the name of Jesus, the literal embodiment of your kindness and love I pray, Amen.
I am going to blog what the Lord puts on my heart each day. Really for myself. The more I speak what I've learned, write and type what I've learned and teach what I learn, the more it will become who I am.
Father, I pray with all of my heart that I would become a woman who opens her mouth with wisdom and on my tongue would be the law of kindness. In the name of Jesus, the literal embodiment of your kindness and love I pray, Amen.

No comments:
Post a Comment