It's 9:30am right now and our Girl's night just concluded seven and a half hours ago! Yep, we were Par-TAY animals until 2:00am! Well at least Tammy, Catherine, Beckie, Laura and I lasted that long! And other than the fact that my head feels like it's going to explode this morning, I don't feel a day over 21 :)
We had the bubbly flowing (Martinelli's) and the Fondues were SOOOO yummy!
Lena worked the hot oil fondue and cooked chicken and steak. She also did a tempura batter and we made onion rings and other veggies. Aren't vegetables always vastly superior when battered or dunked in cheese?!
We had two kinds of cheese fondues and dipped broccoli, cauliflower, apples and breads in those. And of course the chocolate fondue was awesome. We dipped strawberries, bananas, pound cake, coconut covered marshmallows and brownie bites.
I think we all probably gained at least 4 pounds last night but laughing burns quite a few calories, right?! My face seriously hurts today from all the laughing we did!
We sure missed all of you that couldn't make it! I will definitely be hosting again sometime in the near future so stay tuned.....
I have to give a shout out to Tammy, Lena, Shanna (so great to meet you!), Becky, Bethany, Jill, Beckie, Tami, Laura, Catherine and Sherry for SUCH a fabulous time! I am SO blessed by each of you sweet girls!
And Brett was totally entertained by what it is exactly that women discuss after hours :) LOL!
Much love to all of you and I can't wait until next time!!!!
I meant to make sure lots of great pictures were taken. We were all too busy apparently!
Well, I do have other pictures.... but they will only be used for blackmail purposes.




7 comments:
It's noon, and I just woke up! JK...I did rip myself out of bed at about 9:45 this morning. Whew, thank the Lord he gave us brains to make concealer! Thanks so much for always being the greatest hostess around. I had a blast. Tell Brett it was great having him as "one of the girls", and that I enjoyed the lively debate. You can always count on one of those from me...thanks to my speech and debate days. :) Please remind me of the comedian we watched...super funny. I am glad I'm not incontinent yet...I would have totally needed the depends. Love ya!
Brian Regan. Thank Jessica Harris for that recommendation!
Oh, and Laura...
It's really not that lively of a political debate when you're both pretty outspoken conservatives :)
My platform?
I personally think we should just taser everyone :) Especially the current candidates.
Brett was quite impressed with you though! Good job representin'!
I'm glad people enjoyed my homemade and homerolled coconut marshmallows. Took me all stinkin' day to make them. :)
One quick question ... if my picture made it onto the blog, does that mean I'm disqualified from any blackmail worthy ones?
Bethany,
Yes, please pass on your recipe for the marshmallows! :)
And I think there may be one picture I could use against you, but I know someday there would be retaliation. So at this juncture I'll refrain.
Unless of course any Laura-isms from last night make their way into the greater church :)
I am not sure I will ever be the same after what I experienced.
All that comes to mind is 2 Corinthians 12:4 "...and heard inexpressible words, which a man is not permitted to speak."
What a fun night, it sounds like so much fun. What a great group of friends you have! We should do that here:)
Post a Comment