Friday, March 21, 2008

My poor little sickie

The reason I'm posting at 3:20am is because my sweet little Matthew is sick. Whenever he comes down with a cold/virus and it works its way into his little chest, it's bad news for him. He has asthma or at least reactive airway disease..... something along those lines. When he coughs it causes inflammation in his airways and his breathing gets labored. He just could not stop coughing long enough to sleep for more than an hour at a time tonight.
We went downstairs and cuddled on the couch. He now has a fever as well so I played doctor mom and gave him some Motrin and some cough medicine. He needed a breathing treatment and I didn't realize I was out of Albuterol. That's always a great thing to find out when it's 1:30am.
From his several past trips to the ER, I now know what to look for in distressed breathing. Thankfully the vapo patch I put on his chest was enough to at least calm the cough enough to put him back to bed after an hour. I tried to get him to sleep with me downstairs but he kept suggesting we watch a movie together instead :) He also wanted a "granana" (banana) because "my tummy's hungry, mom." I seriously could eat him up when he says things like that in his sweet little voice.
I am praying he is better by Sunday. Resurrection Sunday truly is the most special day of the whole year to me. I cherish and love this day far more than Christmas even. We don't want to miss out this year as we know it's going to be one of the most memorable services we Creekers have yet experienced. Please pray for our little sweetheart!

4 comments:

BETHANY said...

How's your little man today?

Laura said...

I called the advice nurse and we have to head to the doctor this evening :( He just can't stop coughing. In the past they have prescribed an oral steroid to take for three days to open his little respiratory system up. I'll keep you posted :)

The Alley Family said...

I am so sorry, I will pray he gets better.

Laura said...

Update: He'll be on steroids for the next three to five days.
We have to cancel Brett's party and at least one of us will be staying home with Matthew on Easter.
Thanks for the prayers :)