This recipe is dedicated to Jillian and John - lovers of these cookies :)
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
PREHEAT oven to 365° F.
COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat brown sugar, butter and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats and chocolate chips; mix well. (At this point I chilled by dough for 30 minutes). Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 9 to 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for several minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Notes: I read that chilling the dough helps avoid the whole flat and crispy cookie that I used to end up with. I also always take my cookies out of the oven before they really look done. They continue setting up as they sit on the sheets before transferring to a cooling rack.
Lastly, I use and highly recommend the Pampered Chef baking stones.
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups (12 oz package) chocolate chips
PREHEAT oven to 365° F.
COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat brown sugar, butter and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats and chocolate chips; mix well. (At this point I chilled by dough for 30 minutes). Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 9 to 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for several minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Notes: I read that chilling the dough helps avoid the whole flat and crispy cookie that I used to end up with. I also always take my cookies out of the oven before they really look done. They continue setting up as they sit on the sheets before transferring to a cooling rack.
Lastly, I use and highly recommend the Pampered Chef baking stones.

1 comment:
These were so soft and yummy. John said "you need to get the recipe for these so we can make them." I'm thinking "we"? I don't think John has ever made cookies in his life:) I'll enjoy making them for him though. Plus, if I'm cooking or baking he is always more than happy to 100% watch the girls while I'm busy.
Post a Comment