Friday, March 21, 2008

Josh's 5th birthday party pictures!


The lovely, amazing and immensely talented Mindy Strauss took Josh's 5th birthday party pictures. She is such a blessing in ways far beyond the magic she works with a camera!
We tried to "book" her almost a year ago for family pictures that we wanted taken outdoors. Outdoor shoots in Portland in the Spring are always a gamble. You never know what the weather will do and I think we tried to schedule three different dates and got rained out each time.
Then she had to go and have that adorable baby of hers! :) :) :)
Well, she sweetly worked us in her busy schedule a year later and we made sure the venue was indoors this go round.
Because our party got too large for the adorably painted standard party rooms at the Children's Museum, they put us in an exhibit area/private reception room that happened to be empty and available. There had been a wedding there (possibly between 7 year olds?) the night before and the room was decked out with some rather interesting decor, lol! Think hula hoops, animal pictures and pinata type things hanging from the ceiling! The area was great for crazy, energetic kids because it was huge! But it was also purple.... very purple, and red, blue, pink and maybe yellow? I am SO thankful for the black and white pics!!
Here are a few of our favorites. The rest can be found on our Picasa web album site
Just click here to check 'em out: http://picasaweb.google.com/blbodine









4 comments:

The Alley Family said...

I LOVE the pictures, they are great. They are really sweet, especially looking at them while I had your song playing in the background:)
Love you

AHadley said...

just GORGEOUS photos, and what handsome boys you've got! I love the family pics too, you guys are beautiful :)

Thanks for sending me your blog link Laura!

Laura said...

Oh, Amy! You are TOO sweet!!
You are welcome :)
May the Lord bless your day!

Strauss House said...

I'm so thrilled you like them Laura! You truly have a beautiful family.